Ground Mince Chicken with Peas
Whether you call it ground chicken or minced chicken this is a versatile dish to make. You can eat it on its own but also use it as a filling in things like potato chops, puff pastries, and stuffed bread. A very simple and easy recipe that gets done in less than 20 minutes.
Ground chicken does cook very quickly so I highly recommend not over cooking this dish. Over-cooking will make the meat very chewy and dry. I have added only peas but you can also add diced carrots and potatoes. Keep the veggies small so they cook quickly similar to the chicken.
The green chilly keep this mildly spiced but you can add more chilies or 1 tsp of bottle masala as well. Alternatively, you can also add 1 chopped tomatoes. You can also make this with minced chicken with vindaloo masala.
Pin this and other East-Indian Recipes on Pinterest here
- Saute Pan
- Cutting Board
- Kitchen Knife
- 250 grams (0.55 lb) Ground Chicken mince
- 2 tbsp Cooking oil canola or similar
- 1 cup Onion chopped
- 1 tbsp Garlic minced
- 1/2 tbs Ginger minced
- 2 Green chilies minced
- 1/2 cup Green peas optional
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Coriander powder dhania powder
- 1/4 tsp Cumin powder jeera powder
- 1/4 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 cup Cilantro Kohmir chopped
- 1/4 cup Mint leaves Pudina chopped
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- Saute onions in oil until translucent – 2 minutes
- Add ginger, garlic, and chilie – saute another minutes
- Add spices – turmeric, coriander, cumin and garam masala – saute 30 seconds
- Then add the ground minced chicken
- Stir constantly to break up all the lumps.
- Add the green peas, season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes
- Add the fresh herbs – cilantro and mint leaves
- Finally, add the lemon juice.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Serve hot with chapati, or rice roti.
About Videos – most recipes has two videos – a quick version in the post & longer detailed version on this recipe card. Please do subscribe to my channel if you like my videos
The nutrition information and metric conversion are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator. Thank you
You may also like
- Chicken mince with Vindaloo Masala
- Stuffed Roast Chicken
- Chicken Frithad Recipe
- Chicken Croquettes
- Coconut Chicken Curry
- Chicken Khudi Curry
- Apricot Chicken Curry
- Chicken Potato chops
- Bottle Masala Chicken Curry
- Green Masala Chicken curry
- Baked Crispy Chicken
- Butter Chicken – restaurant style