Coconut Pancakes is a sweet traditional dessert roll made with flour crepes and freshly grated coconut. It is popularly made on Pancake Tuesday, a few days before the season of Lent.
- Wooden spoon
For the filling
- 2 cup Coconut grated
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Raisins
- 2 tbsp Nuts chopped
For the crapes batter
- 2 cups All purpose flour
- 1 Egg large
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Water or more for consistency
- 1/8 tsp Almond extract
- 2 tbsp Oil for greasing the pan
For the batter
- In a bow, add the flour, salt and egg.
- Beat the mixture while adding a little water at a time.
- You need to add the water till the mixture turns into a consistency like a dosa batter. Not too thick not too thin – Set aside
- In a pan, combine the coconut, sugar and almond essence.
- Cook for 15 to 20 mins on low flame until the coconut is soft
- Next, add the nuts and raisin, mix well and switch off the gas
- Heat a non-stick pan (20 cm) and lightly grease it with oil.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of the batter and swirl the pan so the batter is evenly distributed into a thin layer
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes on medium heat.
- Flip out onto a clean kitchen cloth.
Fill the crepe
- Put the prepared coconut mixture onto it and roll it into a pancake and serve
- Fold the sides over and roll into a log
About Videos – most recipes has two videos – a quick version in the post & longer detailed version on this recipe card. Please do subscribe to my channel if you like my videos
The nutrition information and metric conversion are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator. Thank you