Cooked Marzipan Recipe
Marzipan is a sweet candy made with almond and sugar. You can make cooked marzipan or uncooked marzipan paste. This here is the cooked marzipan recipe that is surprisingly easy to make. You can fill them in candy molds to make little marzipan candy or you can mold these to make marzipan fruits.
Marzipan is very popularly used during Christmas as candy and fruits or during Easter to make Marzipan Easter Eggs.
Cooked Marzipan RecipePrint Pin Rate
- 225 grams Almonds or Cashews
- 450 grams Sugar fine
- 2 Egg whites beaten
- 120 ml Rose water
- Food gel Colors
Conversions – Please switch between Metric & US for more measurement options
- Soak the almonds overnight and remove skins
- Place the blanched almonds in a food processor or blender with a little rose water just enough to blend
Cook the marzipan
- Combine the egg whites, sugar and ground almonds in a heavy bottom saucepan
- Add the remaining rose water
- Cook on low heat until the mixture leaves the sides of the pan
- Remove from the pan and onto a lightly greased platter
- Cover with plastic wrap and let cool completely
- This marzipan can be put in molds to make marzipan candy or molded by hand into marizpan fruits.
Fill marzipan molds
- Color the marzipan with food gel colors
- Dust marzipan molds with powder sugar – tap off any excess
- Fill marzipan molds with marzipan.
- To unmold – Invert the mold on your hand and tap lightly on the back of the mold. If dusted well the marzipan candy should easily fall off the mold.
- Place them on a platter and let them dry further before storing them in a Tupperware.
About Videos – most recipes has two videos – a quick version in the post & longer detailed version on this recipe card. Please do subscribe to my channel if you like my videos
The nutrition information and metric conversion are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator. Thank you