Indian Green Masala chicken Curry
This green masala chicken curry is chicken cooked in lots of fresh cilantro/coriander and a few spices. A simple and easy yet refreshing recipe that gets done is less than 30 minutes. Serve it with rice, chapati or roti.
I have used boneless chicken thighs because my kids prefer boneless but I remember mom making this a whole chicken cut into pieces. She often made more gravy and served it over steamed rice. My kids love this with chapati or rice rotis.
To make this more or less spicy just use more or fewer green chillies. If you prefer to make this more green omit the turmeric powder. You can even add 1 tsp of bottle masala to this while sauteing but take note that it will make it more spicy as well.
Pin this and other East-Indian Recipes on Pinterest here
Green Masala CurryPrint Pin Rate
- Cutting Board
- 500 grams Chicken cut into pieces
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Haldi
- 1 tbsp Coriander powder Dhania
- 1 tsp Cumin powder Jeera
Grind to a paste
- 1 small onion
- 1 tbsp Garlic chopped (4 to 6 cloves)
- 1 tbsp Ginger chopped (1//2 inch)
- 2 large Green Chillies or more to taste
- 1 cup Cilantro kothmir/coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup Mint leaves Pudina
- In a food processor or mixer – grind the masala ingredients to a paste – set aside
- Add oil to a heavy bottom skillet – fry the green masala for 2 to 3 minutes. Add a little water if necessary to prevent sticking but cook the masala properly.
- Then, add the spices – turmeric, coriander, cumin. Saute for a minute more.
- Next, add the chicken pieces, season with salt and pepper – saute for 2 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup water – cover and cook for 15 minutes
- Finally, add lemon juice. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Garnish with more cilantro leaves. Serve hot with steamed rice, chapati or rice roti.
About Videos – most recipes has two videos – a quick version in the post & longer detailed version on this recipe card. Please do subscribe to my channel if you like my videos
The nutrition information and metric conversion are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator. Thank you