These crispy chicken pieces are an absolute treat for kids and adults. Marinated with a spicy egg mixture then coated in breadcrumbs for a nice crisp before being baked not fried. A very simple and easy recipe that needs only 10 minutes of work and 40 minutes of baking.
Today, I am baking them in a casserole but you can also place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Ingredients and substitutes
- Chicken - I like to use both chicken thighs and legs. Remove the backbone if attached to the thigh so it is easier to cook and easier to eat.
- Spices - these are lightly spiced with a few simple homemade spices but you can also use 1 tablespoon of bottle masala instead.
- Breadcrumbs - Breadcrumbs make a lovely coating. For the coating here I have used breadcrumbs but if you like a thicker coating (similar to KFC) use crushed cornflakes. Then coat them well with oil before baking.
You may also like
Pin this and other East-Indian Recipes on Pinterest here
- Baking Dish
- Mixing bowl
- 6 chicken legs trimmed and patted dry
- 1 Egg
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper powder
- ½ tsp Cayenne chilly powder
- ½ teaspoon Coriander powder dhania
- ¼ teaspoon Cumin powder jeera
- ¼ tsp Turmeric haldi
- 2 tablespoon All-purose flour maida
- 1 cup Breadcrumbs
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- !/2 teaspoon Pepper powder
- Oven - Preheat the oven to 190°C/ 375°F / Gas Mark 5
- Marinade - In a large bowl combine all marinade ingredients. Egg with spices, salt, pepper, and flour. Add the chicken pieces Pro tip - Use a whisk to ensure the marinade is smooth. You can leave this chicken to marinate for up to 8 hours in the refrigerator. Thaw an hour before baking.
- Coating - In another bowl, combine the breadcrumbs with salt and pepper. Remove them from the marinade and add them to the coating mixture one at a time pressing to make sure the coating does not fall. Pro tip - make sure the breadcrumb coats each chicken piece well so you have a nice crisp texture when baked.
- Bake - Place the chicken pieces into a 13 x 9 baking dish. Spray generously with cooking spray. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes until lightly golden.Pro tip - You can also use a baking tray lined with parchment paper. A cooking spray works best for this recipe but you can also use a brush and coat each chicken with oil.
- Cool - when baked remove the chicken from the pan and place them on a wire rack. This will prevent them from going soggy on the bottom.
About Videos - most recipes has two videos - a quick version in the post & longer detailed version on this recipe card. Please do subscribe to my channel if you like my videos
The nutrition information and metric conversion are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator. Thank you