Easy Baked Crispy Chicken
These crispy chicken are an absolute treat with kids and adults. Marinated with a spicy egg mixture then coated in breadcrumbs for a nice crisp before being baked not fried. A very simple and easy recipe that needs only 10 minutes of work and 40 minutes of baking.
Everyone loves crispy deep-fried chicken but these are oven-baked instead of fried. For the coating here I have used breadcrumbs but if you like a thicker coating (similar to KFC) use crushed cornflakes. Then coat them well with oil before baking. Of course, these can also be deep-fried in oil. (see all meat recipes)
- Baking Dish
- Mixing bowl
- 6 chicken legs
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne chilly powder
- 1/2 tsp Coriander powder dhania
- 1/4 tsp Cumin powder jeera
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric haldi
- 2 tbsp All-purose flour maida
- 1 cup Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- !/2 tsp Pepper powder
- Preheat the oven at 190 C/ 375 F
- Clean the chicken pieces, and pat dry.
- Combine all marinade ingredients in one bowl
- Combine the coating ingredients in another bowl
- Coat the chicken in the marinade (you can leave them in this marinade for up to 8 hours in the fridge)
- Remove them from the marinade and add them into the coating mixture
- Coat well on all sides pressing well so it does not fall.
- Place the chicken pieces into a baking dish.
- Spray with cooking spray or (use a brush the chicken pieces with oil)
- Bake in a hot oven for 40 to 45 minutes
About Videos – most recipes has two videos – a quick version in the post & longer detailed version on this recipe card. Please do subscribe to my channel if you like my videos
The nutrition information and metric conversion are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator. Thank you
Pin this and other East-Indian Recipes on Pinterest here