Christmas fudge is a popular treat with condensed milk, chocolate, and nuts made during Christmas. It's got a creamy and rich flavor with a delicious crunch in every bite. A must-try for all you chocolate lovers.
Ingredients and substitutes
- Condensed milk - the purpose of the condensed milk is to reduce the cooking time so we do not have to cook the milk until it thickens to less than ⅓ its original volume. You can use store bought or homemade condensed milk
- Chocolate - we use bitter-sweet chocolate instead of cocoa powder in this recipe because unlike cocoa powder the chocolate contains cocoa fat which helps the fudge set.
- Butter - adds richness and add a nice chiewness to the fudge.
- Nuts - I am using a combination of walnuts and cashews but you can use just one or a combination of more than one.
- Vanilla extract - I like to use vanilla extract but you can also use almond or rose extract.
Pin this and other East-Indian Recipes on Pinterest here
- Suate pan
- Wooden spoon
- 1 can (396 g) Condensed milk
- 2 cup (470 g) Chocolate chips bittersweet or semi-sweet
- 4 tablespoon (50 g) Butter unsalted
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 cup (150 g) Nuts chopped walnuts or cashews
- Double boiler - Place a bowl over a saucepan with simmering water. Add the condensed milk and chocolate chips to the bowl and let it melt until smooth. Then cook a minute more. Microwave - Alternatively, place the condensed milk and chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and melt until smooth. Then microwave a minute longer.
- Next, add the butter and let it melt completely. Then add the vanilla extract and chopped nuts. Combine well.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 9 x 13-rectangle pan or 9 x 9-square pan. Let it chill for an hour in the fridge until set.
- Once set, cut the fudge into slices or squares. Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
About Videos - most recipes has two videos - a quick version in the post & longer detailed version on this recipe card. Please do subscribe to my channel if you like my videos
The nutrition information and metric conversion are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator. Thank you