East Indian Coconut Fudge - Coconut Cordial Christmas Sweet
Coconut Cordial sweet or coconut fudge is an East-Indian specialty made during Christmas. Packed with coconut flavor and a little cashew nuts this is a very addictive dessert. I highly recommend making more than you think you need.
If you love coconut you will love this recipe. It does involve some effort to stir the coconut and sugar over low heat until you have a thick mass which can then be cut into shapes. A word of caution - make sure you use a spoon or spatula with a long handle because as with all fudge this one has a lot of splattering.
- 9 x 9 square baking pan
- 250 grams Coconut fresh ground
- 50 grams cashew nuts ground
- 300 grams Sugar granulated
- 2 tablespoon Rosewater
- 120 ml Water
- 2 drops Food coloring pink or other
- 2 tsp ghee
- Generously butter a 9 x 9 square baking pan - set aside
- Grind the fresh coconut with the rosewater until smooth - set aside
- In a large saucepan, heat the sugar and water over medium heat - cook until all the sugar has dissolved and you have a thick syrup consistency.
- Next, add the ground coconut and ground cashew nuts to the sugar syrup and continue to stir over medium-low heat
- Continue to cook until the mixture become thick and start to leave the side of the pan.
- Add the food color and ghee - stir well.
- Pour the mixture to a buttered 9 x 9 square baking pan.
- Spread the mixture evenly - then use the bottom of a flat bowl or glass to press it down
- Cut into desired shapes - traditionally coconut cordial is cut into square or diamonds.
About Videos - most recipes has two videos - a quick version in the post & longer detailed version on this recipe card. Please do subscribe to my channel if you like my videos
The nutrition information and metric conversion are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator. Thank you