India Semolina sweet - Sweet Sheera
Semolina is very commonly used in Indian cooking and here we make a sweet dessert called sheera often served during breakfast too. Made with semolina, sugar, milk, nuts and sometimes desiccated coconut too. Ghee and rose water give this that very authentic flavor so don't skip those out. The gel food color is just for presentation so feel free to leave that out.
- Suate pan
- Cutting Board
- Kitchen Knife
- 170 grams (1.02 cups) Semolina
- 100 grams (1.18 cups) Desiccated coconut
- 150 grams (150 cup) Sugar
- 150 grams (1.16 cups) Cashew nuts powder
- 250 ml (1.06 cups) Milk
- 1 teaspoon (1 teaspoon) Rose extract
- 2 tablespoon (2 tablespoon) Ghee Butter
- 2 drops (2 drops) Food gel color
- Place everything in a heavy bottom pan and stir on med-low heat
- Continue to cook on medium-low until the mixture leaves the sides of the pan.
- When the mixture leaves the sides of the pan - remove it from the heat
- Pour it into a greased plate - spread it evenly with a spatula
- While still warm cut into squares, or diamond shape
- Let them cool completely - they will get firm when cooled.
- Store in an airtight container when cooled.
About Videos - most recipes has two videos - a quick version in the post & longer detailed version on this recipe card. Please do subscribe to my channel if you like my videos
The nutrition information and metric conversion are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator. Thank you
Connect with me....Are you East Indian? Which part of the world are you from? Leave a comment, I'd love to know.