Semolina Coconut Cake – East Indian Recipes
This is a moist and delicious semolina coconut cake made with semolina (sooji) and fresh ground coconut as well as coconut milk. A rich egg-based cake and takes less than an hour to make. Perfect when you have guests to entertain or just for a quick afternoon tea-time treat.
Pin this and other East-Indian Recipes on Pinterest here
Coconut Cake – Semolina Coconut CakePrint Pin Rate
- 113 grams (0.5 cups) Butter
- 200 grams (1 cups) Sugar fine
- 200 grams (1.2 cups) Semolina sooji/rawa
- 1 cup (1 cup) Coconut ground
- 120 ml (0.51 cups) Coconut Milk
- 3 large (3 large ) Eggs
- 2 tsp (2 tsp) Vanilla Extract
- 4 drop (4 drop) Coconut Extract (optional)
- 2 drops (2 drops) Almond Extract (optional)
- Preheat the oven at 170 C/ 340 F
- Grease and line with parchment paper (or dust with flour) one 8-inch round (20 cm) baking pan
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Add the eggs one at a time
- gradually add the semolina (sooji/rawa) along with the coconut milk.
- Lastly, add the ground coconut and mix thoroughly
- Finally, add the vanilla and other extracts.
- Pour into the prepared baking tray
- Bake in a preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the center comes clean
- Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes then invert on a cooling rack to cool further.
- When cooled dust with powdered sugar (optional)
About Videos – most recipes has two videos – a quick version in the post & longer detailed version on this recipe card. Please do subscribe to my channel if you like my videos
The nutrition information and metric conversion are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator. Thank you