Apricot Chicken Curry
Chicken curry is probably the most sort out Indian recipes. This apricot chicken curry is made East-Indian style with sweet dried apricots, chicken with bones and fresh ground Indian masala that’s bound to have you making it more often than you planned.
- 990 grams Chicken pieces
- 100 grams Apricots dried
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- 120 ml Water
- 225 grams Tomatoes chopped
- 115 grams Onions ground
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 8 largw Red chillies (Chilly)
- 6 cloves Garlic
- 6 cloves Cloves
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/2 tsp Sesame seeds (teel)
- 6 whole Peppercorns
- 4 inch Ginger fresh
- 4 whole Cardamoms (elichi)
- 2 inch Cinnamon (dalchini)
- 1/2 tsp Poppy seeds (khus khus)
- 1 tsp Turmeric (haldi)
Prepare the ingredients
- Soak apricots in hot water for 20 minutes. Drain and chop the apricots.
- Chop the tomatoes into small pieces
- Pulse the onions in a food processor to a smooth paste
- Grind all the masala ingredients to a smooth paste
Cook the chicken curry
- Heat the ghee in a heavy bottom saucepan and fry the onions paste on medium-low
- Next, add the ground masala and saute well for two more minutes
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook for three minutes more
- Lastly, add the chicken and apricots along with the water and vinegar
- Season with salt and pepper
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked
- Taste and adjust seasoning before serving
- You can use 800 grams boneless Chicken thighs instead of whole cut chicken.
- Alternatively, you can use 600 grams of chicken breast cut to pieces and reduce the cooking time to 10 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- You can use curry powder instead of bottle masala spice mix. Same quantity.
About Videos – most recipes has two videos – a quick version in the post & longer detailed version on this recipe card. Please do subscribe to my channel if you like my videos
The nutrition information and metric conversion are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator. Thank you