Apricot Chicken Curry
Chicken curry is probably the most sort out Indian recipes. This apricot chicken curry is made East-Indian style with sweet dried apricots, chicken with bones and fresh ground Indian masala that’s bound to have you making it more often than you planned.
Apricot Chicken CurryPrint Pin Rate
- 990 grams Chicken pieces
- 100 grams Apricots dried
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- 120 ml Water
- 225 grams Tomatoes chopped
- 115 grams Onions ground
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 8 largw Red chillies (Chilly)
- 6 cloves Garlic
- 6 cloves Cloves
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/2 tsp Sesame seeds (teel)
- 6 whole Peppercorns
- 4 inch Ginger fresh
- 4 whole Cardamoms (elichi)
- 2 inch Cinnamon (dalchini)
- 1/2 tsp Poppy seeds (khus khus)
- 1 tsp Turmeric (haldi)
Prepare the ingredients
- Soak apricots in hot water for 20 minutes. Drain and chop the apricots.
- Chop the tomatoes into small pieces
- Pulse the onions in a food processor to a smooth paste
- Grind all the masala ingredients to a smooth paste
Cook the chicken curry
- Heat the ghee in a heavy bottom saucepan and fry the onions paste on medium-low
- Next, add the ground masala and saute well for two more minutes
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook for three minutes more
- Lastly, add the chicken and apricots along with the water and vinegar
- Season with salt and pepper
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked
- Taste and adjust seasoning before serving
- You can use 800 grams boneless Chicken thighs instead of whole cut chicken.
- Alternatively, you can use 600 grams of chicken breast cut to pieces and reduce the cooking time to 10 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- You can use curry powder instead of bottle masala spice mix. Same quantity.
About Videos – most recipes has two videos – a quick version in the post & longer detailed version on this recipe card. Please do subscribe to my channel if you like my videos
The nutrition information and metric conversion are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator. Thank you