These mince meat cutlets are made with precooked ground beef and then coated with breadcrumbs for that nice crisp crust. A simple and easy recipe to make and impressive to entertain.
Cutlets with mince meat are a favorite snack in our home. As a teen, I remember; mom had these often in the fridge because we’d be hungry at odd hours and these were perfect to put in sandwiches. Now I do the same with my kids. They even take these sandwiches to school for lunch.
The best thing about this recipe is that everything can be done ahead of time. You can make the ground beef two days ahead, and you can even make the cutlets 2 days ahead. You can place the uncooked cutlets in the fridge or freezer and shallow fry them just before serving.
Ingredients and substitutes
- Meat – I am using ground beef but you can also use a combination of ground beef and lamb. And, of course, ground chicken works just as well.
- Veggies – Make sure to chop the veggies really small so the filling is not too bulky.
- Coating – I coat the potatoes will flour, beaten eggs, and breadcrumbs. This will helps maintain the shape of the finished patty and prevent it from falling apart during frying.
Pin this and other East-Indian Recipes on Pinterest here. Don’t forget to like and Follow for more recipes.
Mince Meat Cutlets – Beef CutletsPrint Pin Rate
- Cutting Board
- Kitchen Knife
- Wooden spoon
- ½ kg (1 lb) Minced meat beef
- 2 tbsp Cooking oil
- 1 cup Onions finely chopped
- 2 inch Fresh ginger grated
- 4 large Garlic cloves finely minced
- 1 small Tomato finely diced
- 1 medium Green Chilli finely chopped (optional)
- 10 Mint leaves pudina – finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Coriander leaves chopped
- ½ tsp Cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp ( ) Ground black pepper
- 1 large (2 lb) Egg
- 2 tbsp Breadcrumbs
- ½ cup Flour
- 1 large Egg
- 1 cup Breadcrumbs
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Black pepper
- ½ cup Cooking oil for shallow frying
- Saute – In a large pan over medium heat add the oil and saute the onion, ginger, garlic, cumin seeds, and chopped chilies until the onions are transparent.2 tbsp Cooking oil, 1 cup Onions, 2 inch Fresh ginger, 4 large Garlic cloves, 1 medium Green Chilli, ½ tsp Cumin seeds
- Beef – Add ground beef or mince meat and stir on medium-high breaking it apart to prevent lumps. Then, add the tomatoes and spices. Mash the tomatoes with your spatula as much as you can.½ kg Minced meat, 1 small Tomato
- Dry – Then, add the lemon juice, mint, and coriander leaves. Season with salt and pepper. Cook on high until all the water has evaporated and the mixture is fairly dry. Pro tip – drying the moisture is important otherwise it will make the mashed potato soggy.10 Mint leaves, 1/2 cup Coriander leaves, 2 tbsp Lemon juice, ½ tsp Salt, ½ tsp Ground black pepper
- Cool – Let cool completely. Place in the fridge for at least an hour or two. (or overnight). Once cooled to almost room temperature add the egg and breadcrumbs.1 large Egg, 2 tbsp Breadcrumbs
- Shape – Take a gold size ball of the mixture in the palm of your hand. Flatten it into a patty.
- Store – Place the prepared cutlets on a parchment-lined baking tray covered with a clean kitchen towel. Continue making all the patties until you have used all the mixture. Pro tip – these can be kept in the fridge at this stage for up to a day. Make sure to keep them wrapped well to prevent cracking.
Coat and fry
- Coating – Use three flat plates or large bowls. – On one plate add the flour. Season with salt and pepper. -On the second plate beat the egg and season with salt and pepper. – And, on a third plate add the breadcrumbs. Season with salt and pepper. Pro tip – you can add some sesame seeds or finely chopped cilantro leaves to the breadcrumb mixture.½ cup Flour, 1 large Egg, 1 cup Breadcrumbs, ½ tsp Salt, ½ tsp Black pepper
- Coat – Light coat the potato chops with flour/. Then dip them in beaten eggs and finally in the breadcrumb mixture. Pro tip – use one hand to work with the dry ingredients and the other with the wet ingredients – this way it will be less messy.
- Fry – Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a large frying pan on medium heat. Gently place the chops in the pan and let cook for 2 minutes on each side using a flat spatula to turn gently. Pro tip – work gently so you don't ruin the shape of the potato chops. The filling and mashed potato are both cooked so all we need is color. So, keep the heat on medium to high.½ cup Cooking oil
- Drain – When lightly golden, remove them onto an absorbent paper towel to soak any excess oil.
About Videos – most recipes has two videos – a quick version in the post & longer detailed version on this recipe card. Please do subscribe to my channel if you like my videos
The nutrition information and metric conversion are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator. Thank you