East Indian Meat Ball Curry
Tender balls of ground meat cooked in a rich creamy coconut curry sauce is what this East Indian meatball curry is all about. A surprisingly easy recipe to make with a few extra steps but this will soon be a family favorite.
- 1 kg Beef ground (2 lbs)
- ½ med Onion chopped
- 1 Green chilli chopped finely
- ¼ inch Ginger chopped finely
- 2 Garlic minced
- 1 Egg
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- ½ cup Coriander leaves
- ¼ cup Mint leaves
Sauce Ingredients - Grind to Paste / Masala Paste -
- 4 Red chillies
- 6 Garlic
- ½ inch Ginger
- ¼ cup Coconut cream
- 2 tbsp Coriander seeds dhania
- 1 tsp Cumin jeera
- ½ tsp Sesame seeds Teel
- ¼ tsp Turmeric powder haldi
- 1 tbsp Chickpeas channa (roasted)
- 1 tsp Poppy seeds
- ¼ tsp Mustard seeds rai
- 10 Peanuts
- ½ cup Onions chopped
- 1 tbsp Tamarind pulp
- 5 Curry leaves
- ¼ cup Coriander leave chopped
- ½ cup Coconut cream
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Grind all the paste ingredients in a blender and set aside
- In a bowl combine all meatball ingredients
- Form small balls and set aside
- Saute the meatballs in 2 tbsp ghee or oil until lightly browned
- Remove the meatballs and set aside
- In the same pan add more ghee or cooking oil.
- Add the curry leaves, onions and cook until lightly browned
- Then add the ground paste/masala and cook until fragrant.
Add a little water if necessary.
- Add the sugar, and season with salt and pepper
- Add the coconut cream - cook for 5 minutes
- Lastly, add the meatballs and cook on medium for 10 to 15 minutes
- The curry should be thick and creamy with some sauce - add water if necessary.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Serve hot with rice or as a side dish.
About Videos - most recipes has two videos - a quick version in the post & longer detailed version on this recipe card. Please do subscribe to my channel if you like my videos
The nutrition information and metric conversion are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator. Thank you