Do you ever find yourself craving a warm, flavorful curry but don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen? Look no further, today, I’ll show you how to create a delicious mixed vegetable curry in 30 minutes or less.
Busy weeknights can be stressful, but cooking a healthy meal shouldn’t be. With this easy-to-follow recipe and tips, you’ll have a satisfying meal that will leave your taste buds singing. Give it a try and see how easy it is to create a healthy, satisfying meal that your whole family will love. Don’t forget to share your success with us in the comments below!
Why make this curry?
- For starters, it’s a great way to get your daily dose of vitamins and minerals, thanks to the variety of vegetables used. Not only is it a great way to sneak in some extra veggies, but it’s also an incredibly versatile dish that can be adapted to suit any taste preferences or dietary restrictions.
- If you’re looking for a quick and easy meal that’s also healthy and delicious, then this is it.
- Not only is it a great way to sneak in some extra veggies, but it’s also an incredibly versatile dish that can be adapted to suit any taste preferences or dietary restrictions.
- Whether you’re a meat-eater, vegetarian, or vegan, this vegetable curry is sure to be a hit. So, why make this curry?
- But perhaps the best reason to make this vegetable curry is simply because it’s delicious! The combination of spices, vegetables, and creamy coconut milk creates a flavor explosion that’s sure to satisfy. So grab your ingredients and let’s get cooking!,
- For starters, it’s a great way to get your daily dose of vitamins and minerals, thanks to the variety of vegetables used.
- Plus, the spices used in the curry have been linked to numerous health benefits, including improved digestion, reduced inflammation, and even a lower risk of chronic diseases.
Ingredients and substitutes
- When making mixed vegetable curry, it’s important to choose the right ingredients to create the perfect flavor profile. Here are some key ingredients and substitutes to keep in mind:
- Vegetables: When selecting vegetables for your curry, consider using a combination of starchy and non-starchy vegetables. Great choices include carrots, potatoes, onions, bell peppers, and cauliflower. If you don’t have access to fresh vegetables, you can also use frozen vegetables, which are an easy and convenient substitute.
- Spices: Spices are what give your curry its unique flavor. The most important spices include turmeric, cumin, coriander, and garam masala. If you don’t have these spices on hand, you can use curry powder as a substitute. Just keep in mind that the flavor may be slightly different.
- Coconut Milk: Coconut milk is the key ingredient that gives your curry its creamy texture. If you’re unable to find coconut milk, you can use heavy cream as a substitute. However, keep in mind that this will change the flavor and nutritional content of the dish.
By carefully selecting the right ingredients and substitutes, you can make a delicious vegetable curry in 30 minutes or less.,
Choose the right vegetables
When it comes to making a delicious mixed vegetable curry in 30 minutes or less, choosing the right vegetables is key. While you can certainly mix and match any vegetables you prefer, some may work better than others in terms of texture and flavor.For example,
- Vegetables with a high water content, such as zucchini or eggplant, may take longer to cook and release excess moisture, which can affect the overall consistency of your curry. However, if you enjoy these vegetables and want to include them, it’s best to chop them into smaller pieces and cook them separately before adding them to the curry.
- On the other hand, heartier vegetables like carrots, potatoes, and bell peppers are great additions as they can withstand the longer cooking time and add more depth and flavor to the dish. Leafy greens like spinach and kale can also be added towards the end of the cooking process to add some nutritional benefits and a pop of color.
- By carefully selecting the right vegetables for your mixed vegetable curry, you can ensure that your dish is not only flavorful but also has the right texture and consistency. With a little experimentation, you can find the perfect combination of vegetables to suit your palate.
Tips for making veggie curry
By carefully selecting the right vegetables for your mixed vegetable curry, you can ensure that your dish is not only flavorful but also has the right texture and consistency. With a little experimentation, you can find the perfect combination of vegetables to suit your palate. Here are some tips for making vegetable curry that will help take your dish to the next level.
- Choose your vegetables wisely: When selecting vegetables, make sure to choose ones that will complement each other. Mix colors, textures, and flavors to create a well-rounded dish.
- Cut your vegetables in uniform sizes: This will ensure that they cook evenly and create a consistent texture. You don’t want some vegetables to be overcooked while others are still raw.
- Use fresh herbs and spices: Fresh herbs and spices will add more depth and aroma to the dish. Don’t be afraid to mix and match different spices to create a flavor profile that suits you.
- Don’t skimp on the coconut milk: Coconut milk is a key ingredient in vegetable curry, providing a creamy texture and a subtle sweetness. Make sure to use enough to create the right consistency and flavor.
By following these tips, you’ll be able to create a delicious and balanced vegetable curry in no time. Now that your curry is ready, it’s time to move on to the next step: serving it up and enjoying it with your loved ones.,
How to serve vegetable curry
Once your vegetable curry is ready, it’s time to think about how to serve it. You have a few different options, depending on your preferences and dietary restrictions.
- First, decide what you want to serve your curry with. Rice is a classic pairing, but you could also try serving it with chapati, naan, or another type of bread. If you’re watching your carbohydrate intake, you could even serve it on its own or with a side of roasted vegetables.
- Next, consider your garnishes. Fresh herbs like cilantro or parsley can add a pop of color and flavor to your dish, as can a squeeze of fresh lime juice. Chopped nuts like cashews or almonds can also add texture and richness.
- Finally, make sure to serve your curry hot. If you’re serving it as a main course, consider portioning it out into individual bowls and topping each serving with your chosen garnishes. If you’re serving it family-style, make sure to stir it well before ladling it into a serving dish.
- Chana Dal
- Yellow Dal Recipe
- Mixed Sprouts Curry – Misal
- Mixed Sprouts Foogath – USal
- Mango Kadhi
- Vegetarian Thali
Absolutely! This recipe is versatile and can be customized based on your preferences or what vegetables you have on hand. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly as some vegetables may cook faster or slower than others.
Yes, you can! This recipe is great for meal prep or for making ahead for a quick weeknight dinner. Just store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days and reheat on the stovetop or in the microwave when ready to eat.
If you want a spicier curry, add more chili powder or red pepper flakes to your taste. You can also add fresh jalapeños or other hot peppers to the mix. Just remember to start with a small amount and taste as you go to avoid it becoming too spicy.
While fresh vegetables are preferred, canned vegetables can be used in a pinch. Just make sure to drain and rinse them well before adding to the recipe.
Making a delicious mixed vegetable curry in under 30 minutes is not only possible, but also incredibly easy. By choosing the right ingredients and following our tips, you can create a healthy and satisfying meal that your whole family will love. So why not give it a try tonight? As the saying goes, “The proof of the pudding is in the eating.” We can’t wait to hear about your delicious success in the comments below. Remember, a busy schedule doesn’t have to mean sacrificing taste or health. With this recipe, you can have it all!
Pin this and other East-Indian Recipes on Pinterest here. Don’t forget to like and Follow for more recipes.
Mixed vegetable curry
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp Ghee (optional)
- 1 large Onions finely diced
- 3 – 4 Curry leaves
- 4 large Garlic cloves finely diced
- 2 large Green chilies roughly chopped
- 2 large Tomatoes finely diced
- 1 tbsp Chili powder I used Kashmiri chili powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- ¼ tsp Turmeric powder
- ½ cup Cilantro finely chopped
- 2 cup Potato cut into small dice
- 2 cup Carrots cut into small dice
- 2 cup Frozen peas
- 1 tbsp Fenugreek leaves kasoori methi
- ½ cup Coconut milk
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Black pepper
- 1 cup Vegetable stock or water
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
Mixed vegetable curry
- In a large saute pan over medium heat add the oil and ghee. Saute the onions until translucent then add the curry leaves and garlic. Next, add the chopped tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes until soft. Add, the spices and saute for 2 minutes until fragrant.1 tbsp Vegetable oil, 1 tbsp Ghee, 1 large Onions, 3 – 4 Curry leaves, 4 large Garlic cloves, 2 large Green chilies, 1 tbsp Chili powder, 1 tbsp Coriander powder, 1 tsp Cumin powder, ¼ tsp Turmeric powder, 2 large Tomatoes
- Then, add the chopped cilantro, potatoes, and carrots. Combine well and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Next, add the green peas, fenugreek leaves, coconut milk, salt, pepper, and stock. Pro tip – we cook the potatoes and carrots first because they take longer than the peas.½ cup Cilantro, 2 cup Potato, 2 cup Carrots, 2 cup Frozen peas, 1 tbsp Fenugreek leaves, 1 tsp Salt, ½ tsp Black pepper, 1 cup Vegetable stock or water, ½ cup Coconut milk
- Cover and cook on medium-low for 8 to 10 minutes or until the veggies are tender. Add the lemon juice. Taste and adjust seasoning. Sprinkle with more chopped cilantro leaves.1 tbsp Lemon juice
About Videos – most recipes has two videos – a quick version in the post & longer detailed version on this recipe card. Please do subscribe to my channel if you like my videos
The nutrition information and metric conversion are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator. Thank you