Chicken pulao is an easy east Indian rice recipe which has some veggies and is flavored with spices. Easy to make and hassle-free, this chicken pulao is perfect when you’re in a mood to enjoy some traditional lunch. Feels just right when served with some pickle and papad
Chicken PulaoPrint Pin Rate
- Cutting Board
- Kitchen Knife
- Suate pan
- Wooden spoon
- 450 grams (0.99 lb) Chicken cut into pieces
- 300 grams (1.62 cups) Rice basmati or colam
- 100 grams (0.56 cups) Ghee or butter
- 1.5 cups (0.53 lb) Onions chopped (2 large)
- 1 tsp (1 tsp) Garlic minced
- 1 tsp (1 tsp) Ginger grated
- 4 (4 ) Cardamoms elichi
- 1 (1 ) Cinnamon stick 2-inch piece
- 5 (5 ) cloves lavang
- 2 (2 ) Tomatoes chopped
- 1 (1 ) Carrot diced
- 3 cups (23.84 floz) stock chicken or vegetable
- 1 tsp (1 tsp) Salt
- 1/2 tsp (1/2 tsp) Pepper
- Wash the rice and set aside
- In a vessel, on medium heat, add the ghee (clarified butter).
- Then, add the onions, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon and ginger-garlic paste.
- Mix well and cook until the onions are translucent
- Next, add the chopped tomatoes and continue stirring. Add the chicken cube and mix
- Stir in the rice and fry well.
- Add the chicken pieces and chopped carrots, mix well.
- Next add the stock, salt and pepper – (If stock has salt added reduce salt in the recipe)
- Mix well. Bring to a boil.
- Once you reach a boil. Cover the pan and lower the heat to minimum
- Cook on low for 20 minutes – when done – turn the heat off, do not open the pan and let rest covered for another 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes fluff the rice with a fork.
- Serve immediately once done
About Videos – most recipes has two videos – a quick version in the post & longer detailed version on this recipe card. Please do subscribe to my channel if you like my videos
The nutrition information and metric conversion are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator. Thank you